Whether its poop in a diaper, a dog fart, or me forgetting my deodarent here is the day in the life of a single mom, her son, and their dog.

Friday, November 11, 2011

The amazing friendships between strangers

When I first found out I was pregnant my best friend told me about an app called "What to Expect." At first I kept forgetting to download it, and wasn't sure if I really wanted to. Now, a year later, I realize it is one of the best decisions that I've ever made.

I loved being able to log on and see the progress of my pregnancy, what fruit I could compare Paxon to at the time, and what his estimated size would be. I also loved being able to read about the weekly developments, and other fun tips the app provided.

The best part of the app was the forums. There were HUNDREDS of moms from all over the world, and all of them were expecting their babies in  May of 2011. Pictures were shared of baby bumps, and any question imaginable could be asked. And let me tell you some of the questions could get pretty out there and personal, but nobody cared and answered the questions honestly. If it wasn't for the app I would have been calling my doctor constantly.

Towards the end it was amazing to hear about people going into labor, and it was my absolute favorite to read the birth stories and to see pictures of all of the new babies.

After Paxon was born I joined a Facebook group of these mommy's. And after being switched around to a few different groups for reasons we wont get into here, it is safe to say that now I have found the best group of friends.

As of today 11/11/11 at 11:44 a.m we have 286 members and we are all like a great big family. It amazes me so much how a group of women have grown together, and help complete strangers. This group of women amazes me everyday, and even give me goosebumps sometimes. The generosity from these strangers is something that nobody will understand until they have seen what these incredible women do.

I myself have been lucky enough to experience the generosity. I had posted about wanting a Moby wrap so I could wear Paxon, and a week later there was one in my mailbox. All because another mommy had one and did not use it anymore. I posted about a friend, who needed items for her unborn child, and without hesitation, many of these ladies started going through the items they had left over, and offered to send them to this friend of mine. Who they have never met or even spoken too. Wow. That is wonderful.
.
A lot of these mommy's have been able to meet in person and have play dates. I think that's awesome! I wish
so bad that I lived closer to a lot of them, because in just the last six months, I have become closer with these ladies then my own "friends." These  ladies know more about what is going on with Paxon and me then my own "friends." These ladies are there for each other, when sometimes nobody else is. And they are honest. Which nowadays is refreshing.

I'm not able to say Thank You to each of you individually, but I did want to take the time to thank the entire group. You are all a bunch of amazing women, and I am so proud to be a part of this group. You all mean more to me then you will probably ever know.

2 comments: