Whether its poop in a diaper, a dog fart, or me forgetting my deodarent here is the day in the life of a single mom, her son, and their dog.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

You have how many children?!

Now I know this is a topic that everyone has different views and opinions on, so feel free to leave comments!!!

If you haven't guessed this already, I am talking about the Duggar family. Now before I go any further I feel that is necessary to say "to each their own" but COME ON PEOPLE!

These people just announced that they are going to have their 20thchild!!! One of the main reasons I am so appalled is because of the health risks that this lady is putting on herself and her unborn child! Her last baby(number 19) was born at 25 weeks. Most hospitals wont attempt to save the life of a baby born before 25 weeks, that is how premature and early this baby was. It is just soooo dangerous. How are doctors even accepting here as a patient? If god-forbid something happened to this woman during childbirth, how do the doctors know they wont be sued?

Now I can look at my body after one baby, a c-section, and see definate changes. My boobs are bigger(and a little bit lower... YIKES) my hips are wider, I've got some stretch marks(I was lucky to have them fade very quickly), and my feet have gotten a little bigger. Could you imagine how this lady looks after 19, about to be 20??? I wouldn't be surprised if this lady could tuck her boobs into her socks. And she has had I two sets of twins, and MULTIPLE c-sections. Think of the vaginal births. She has had so many how does her uterus and vagina handle all of that stress? How does her body continue to hold these babies in?

My theory is this: If you want to have a large family, and you can afford it, by all means do it! But when it comes to risking the life of the mother and the child, is it really worth it to keep going after a certain point? If you really want to have more children, adopt one, save a life instead of risking two.

I think these people do instill good morals and values into their children, and thank god some people still do this, because I feel that it is always lost in translation. But if you have so many children, that your older ones have to raise the younger ones, how is that fair to the older ones? Yes, it teaches responsibility, but so does taking care of yourself. I mean I am looking on their website, and one of these kids has the chore of cleaning all NINE bathrooms weekly. That is a lot of other peoples pee and other messes to clean up. I cleaned one bathroom once a week growing up, and I can guarentee I have the same sense of responsibility that these people do.

Their website says that they had a miscarriage after their first child, which really is sad. They blamed it on the birth control pill, and since then have forgone all contraceptives. Uhm, have these people not heard about condoms? They are hormone free and I bet Trojan would even sponser these people. What about surgical procedures? Those are almost full proof, then they can continue to have all of the unprotected sex they want!

After doing the math, this lady has been pregnant around 13.5 full years of her life. She is only 45 years old, and has been pregnant around 162 months, give or take of course for length of pregnancy. That makes my uterus hurt. She has a baby almost ever year and a half, which is just ungodly. How does insurance even continue to pay for this?

Like I said before, it is to each their own, but when is it too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment