Whether its poop in a diaper, a dog fart, or me forgetting my deodarent here is the day in the life of a single mom, her son, and their dog.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A day for random thoughts

So I was so happy that it had snowed, but its November, and I am in the mountains of Idaho. Why do I keep waking up to less and less snow every day? Today there is NONE in the yard... I really cant make my snowman now, and if I try and pull Paxon through the yard in a sled, the neighbors may have me committed!

I complain now, but in a month or two, the snow will be higher than my car in some areas. At the beginning and end of my driveway on each side I have orange markers that are maybe 3 or 4 feet tall, so that I know where my driveway is when the snow hits. Then it will be so cold I will not want to EVER leave the house. But that is OK, because I will be able to stay inside and enjoy looking at Christmas decorations with my Paxon.
*******************************************************************

On another note, tomorrow my mom will be here! Woohoo!! Paxon loves his Grandma and Grandpa. It is so nice when she is here, because I get to spend much needed time with her. I also enjoy the fact that I can take a shower longer than five or ten minutes. Plus I find it hilarious that every time she changes his diaper he pees on her. I think that woman should own stock in J&J, and desitin. Before bed she gets that more slicked up than the Exon spill. I turn around and there is desitin EVERYWHERE. It is hilarious. I love that I will get an entire weekend with her, doesn't matter how old you are, sometimes you just need your mom.
*******************************************************************

Is anybody else having issues with Huggies Snug n Dry??? Those things are leaving blue on EVERYTHING! On Paxon's legs, on his jams, on anything the diaper comes in contact with. Suuuuper irritating, luckily it doesn't stain. But being in a fairly dirty custody battle, having blue spots on my child's legs that resemble bruises is NO BUENO!

Now the reason that I love Huggies is this:

I call them and tell them whats going on, and they are sending me coupons to replace the diapers! It was no hassle at all, except for having to wait on hold for ten minutes, but I am fine with that.

This isn't the first time I have had to call for replacement coupons. And every time I have called, they are super nice, and really make it right. Why aren't more companies like that these days?

One time I even called them because I had a huge case of diapers from Target that were too small, and they even said Target on the box, but they wouldn't take them back because they were special editions. I call Huggies, they send coupons!!!

And they are always generous with the coupons they send, which for a non-working single mother, really help a ton!
********************************************************************

Now here is a little tip to a deal I don't know if many of you have realized yet:

Target usually gives a $5 or $10 gift card for purchasing two cases of Huggies diapers, the amount of gift card changes constantly. In the paper from 10/30 there was a coupon for $5 off of a $25 Kimberly Clark purchase, which is HUGGIES. So for buying two boxes of Huggies, you can get $10, $15, or $20 back in gift cards! Which you can turn around and use for whatever you want! I will be using my free diaper coupons, getting $20 back in gift cards, and then buying more wipes. It's a deal you cannot pass up!
********************************************************************

Another company that I absolutely LOOOVE is Graco. Almost every big baby item that I have is made by Graco. My car seat, stroller, highchair,and swing.

The reason that I love them is this: I have a Sweet Peace swing from Graco, that is absolutely fabulous. It retails close to $200, but I got it for $60 at a thrift store. It was an absolute steal. I got it three months before Paxon was born, and by the time he came home the motor was burnt out. I called Graco, explained the situation, and four days later I had a brand new motor in my house, and I did not pay a dime.
*********************************************************************

Wonderful customer service, where has it gone? I've once had a lady from my credit union ask if I was going to shut up while we were on the phone.

Why do people think it is OK to be such a-holes anymore? Personally I don't put up with it. If I think you are being rude, I will tell you. I don't care if you are 7 or 70. Don't be rude. Paxon is 6 months old and I find myself telling him that. I can't stand rude people. I can't stand uncouth people.
*********************************************************************

I'm really not sure where I was going with this today, but well it is what I had on my mind. Just be lucky your not in it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment