Whether its poop in a diaper, a dog fart, or me forgetting my deodarent here is the day in the life of a single mom, her son, and their dog.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Oh the conversations we have

Sorry about no post yesterday, my mom is in town so we are having much needed family time.

Anyhoo.

I have a friend named Katie, who is really the best friend a gal could have...



We met December 27thish, 2008 and had been inseparable until I moved to Idaho in March of 2009. Now we are still in different states, have the cutest little boys(her son was born in January), and don't let any distance come between us. We talk on the phone every day, usually multiple times a day.

When we first met our conversations were about the most random things. Our work, the upcoming weekend, and just about anything else you could think of. And if you know Katie and I, you can only imagine the things we talk about... And if you've heard it before, I apologize ;)

Fast forward to now, November 2011. Our conversations are about our boys, poop, pee, vomit, wieners, balls, fat rolls, baby farts, burps, and of course tons of other random topics.

Before I became a mom, I had normal(well as normal as I can get) conversations with people. I usually never talked about poop with people, and now it seems the topic of a lot of the conversations I am involved in.  Just about any body fluid was never spoken about, unless it was about somebody "breaking the seal."

It amazes me how much people change when they have children. I love it! I will admit before I got pregnant I couldn't figure out why a lot of people drop off the radar when they become parents, but now I totally understand. It isn't always the people that are having the children that causes the sudden drop, it is the friends of these people! Before I was pregnant I had TONS of friends, and now my friend count is sadly dwindled down to what it was when I first moved to Boise and only knew a few people. And it is all because I have a child now, and cannot go out and get wasted every weekend. Really people is your life worth losing really good friends over a beer or a bar filled with half naked tramps? If that is the way you live your life, oh boy are you going to be disappointed later.

If these people took the time to put their drink down, and interact with their friends with children, they will realize that we are the same person we were before. Yes we are different in some ways, but our personalities don't change. We are still us, just in different form.

**********************************************************************

On another topic, tomorrow I have to go to the interim custody/visitation hearing, and I am so nervous about it. I hate the fact that Paxon and my safety and schedule is determined by somebody else, who has no idea who my son is, and what his individual needs are. I hate the fact that it is up to a stranger to decide if I have to drive my son on an extremely dangerous road, through awful road conditions that are sometimes fatal.

This whole situation has my stomach in knots, and makes me sick. I know what all of this drama and stress does to my son, and I want to be able to provide the best for him. Which sadly, I feel like through this entire situation, that I am the only one who feels that way. To other people they think this is some game. When it is the farthest thing from that. It is no game, this is a child's life and well being. He is not an animal that has no idea what is going on, and feels no repercussions from being tossed around back and forth. He is a child, a human being, he knows exactly what is going on, and his body language and attitude will prove that.

Paxon and I will need your thoughts and prayers with us for the drive into and home from Boise tomorrow, and while we are in court. I am in for the long haul for one of the hardest fights of my life, the fight for my child. And at 10:30 tomorrow morning, I will be doing everything in my power to show these people, that I will do anything and everything to keep my son safe, secure, and happy.

*************************************************************************

Tomorrow there will be no post due to the fact we will be busy all day. Tuesday I will post about the events of the hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment