Whether its poop in a diaper, a dog fart, or me forgetting my deodarent here is the day in the life of a single mom, her son, and their dog.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tis the season... To want to smack other peoples children

Happy late Halloween everybody!!!

Whether you went trick or treating with your kids or went to the bar and got so hammered you forgot your own name(or passed out on a cooler next to a hot dog cart if you are like some people). I have yet to check the police reports, but you better believe I will be checking the Ada County arrest record from last night because you KNOW there has got to be some good pictures on it.

We had such a fun weekend. We went to Boise and spent some time with our friends, it was wonderful to have adult conversation and not have to add a "y" to the end of every word I used(poopy, nappy, blankey, you get the point). Sadly we had to cut it short because one of her kids spiked a really high temp, and even though the tata sauce is a miracle worker, I couldn't risk my Paxon getting sick for the first time.

So, I got my little dragon all dressed up...

And took him trick or treating for the very first time. Everyone loved  his costume, well who couldn't look how cute he is!

I realized tho that Halloween isn't what it used to be, by any means. I saw maybe twenty kids total ALL day. We had even gone to the mall and were in two different neighborhoods all day, and didn't see anybody. I found it very weird. Yea I know kids go to school but still, the low number was shocking.

Now, I am usually one to loooooove the holidays, but sometimes I just cant take the ungodly screaming of some peoples kids(btw I am not talking about the children of my friends I got to hang out with on Halloween, you gals know who you are. <3 you b&a). People are raising some real freakin brats these days. If I would have pulled those kinds of stunts when I was younger, my mother would have given me the look of death. I then would have peed and/or pooped in my pants a little bit, shut my mouth, and started to listen. I knew better to not act like an a-hole in public. What has changed?!

It seems like the holidays bring out the worst in people. I even had to tell a lady to kiss my as* in the store yesterday because I was breastfeeding my son(that's why I love Fred Meyer stores, they have a furniture department that has the most comfy couches and they even have pillows handy, its a nursing mothers dream). Now I don't go all national geographic when I feed in public. I'm usually wearing two shirts, the under shirt stays down to cover the cheese grater/tiger striped stomach, the top goes up to cover the top of my gals, then I always attempt to cover with a blanket. Those of you who have breastfed a 6 month old child in public know how "well" covering with a blanket works, but I do it because I really don't want to have to beat the crap out of someone in front of my son just because they had a problem with it, AND I don't want to get arrested/ticketed(see first post below). But this lady gave me this awful stink eye and then a disgusted look. So then I told her to kiss my as* and we had no further problems. What is with people? If you don't like it, don't look at it, or hey don't do it!

That turned into a rant that wasn't even where I wanted to go. So I will try again.

It seems like the holidays bring out the worst in people. Have you tried navigating a crowded store during the holidays? I swear a few times I have almost kicked an old broad in the back of her knees, because she did not follow the simple grocery store isle rules. Its simple. Do you drive your car on the left side of the road? No? So why are you doing it with your cart?

Don't even get me started at people that cut in line. I have no problems opening my big fat mouth and telling them to go to the back of the freakin line. OOOHHH another one that drives me crazy! Now I have worked in retail for about 7 years, and people seem to think that just because the customer in front of them is done, that they can walk right on up and you will help them immediately. Well sorry bucko that's not the case. I always made it a point to take extra long in finishing up what I was doing so that impatient person had to wait longer. The most irritating part is people do that all of the time when it is time for you to go to lunch or on a break!!! So that's off topic my bad :)

It scares me that it is only November 1st, and people are already losing it. Don't even get me started about stealing parking spots, or not holding the door open for the gal carrying a diaper bag and a huge car seat. I can totally manage myself, but instead of just looking at me and either waiting behind me or rushing in front of me, HOLD THE DAMN DOOR OPEN!

So remember... Deck the halls.. Not the people with no regard for anyone but themselves :)



No comments:

Post a Comment