Whether its poop in a diaper, a dog fart, or me forgetting my deodarent here is the day in the life of a single mom, her son, and their dog.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Touch my child... And I touch you

OK listen here grandma....


I don't care how many thousands of grandchildren you may have, or how old you are... 

But if you come up and touch my child without asking, I will kick your cane out of reach and push you down.

Why is it that people find it OK to touch someones child? Because without approval from Mom, it really is not.

I HATE it when people(even kids) come up and start touching Paxon. It drives me absolutely bonkers. And they don't even touch a clothed part of him like his foot or his leg. They touch his hand(which goes immediately into his mouth) or his face!!! Uhm hello? Did your parents not teach you any class or manners?

I have quite a few friends that had their babies prematurely, and for those babies its EXTREMELY dangerous to have people come up and touch them. So I can only imagine how scary it is for those moms.

When I see foreign hands coming at us, I start trying to track germs. I start wondering if that person just picked their nose or their butt. If they washed their hands after using the bathroom. What they last touched. I know I sound like a complete psycho but I don't care, germs freak me out.

I LOVE the people that ask before they touch! I almost always say yes to them, but ask them to please not touch bare skin. I've even let strangers smell my child, because everybody knows the top of the head on a baby is the best smell in the world. I also have no problems letting somebody know when they have crossed a line or irritated me, and I don't hide it very well so people know.

So please, next time you think about trying to touch a strangers child, no matter how cute they are, remember... Us moms can kick your ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment